How do you know you’ve got a termite problem? We know, any kind of infestation in your home or office is an issue, but termites are especially frustrating. They’re both skin-crawlingly disgusting, and they have the ability to damage the structure of your property by munching on cellulose-based plant materials.
First, termites need moisture. That’s why they build mud shelter tubes on top of structures, as they help them to remain moist as they travel from colonies located in the soil to wood. You also might see them flying. Usually during April and May, swarms of winged termites known as “swarmers” or alates will go on the hunt for new nesting sites, and you’ll often see them in the morning after a warm rain shower. Of course, if you’d rather not see them at all, contact the pest control professionals at Safety Fumigant Company.
Quick Tips For Preventing Termites
- Reduce the amount of moisture in your home.
- Repair leaking faucets and pipes that may supply termites with water.
- Inspect the roof for damaged fascia, soffits, or shingles.
- Inspect your basement foundation and windows and repair weather stripping or loose mortar.
- Make a habit of inspecting the foundation for signs of mud tubes.
- Schedule a regular inspection with a pest control company.
When our team comes to inspect your home and to exterminate any existing termites, we can also provide a variety of other methods to prevent them from coming back. When your home’s structure is at risk, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals.
It’s been our mission to assist clients in the Hingham area and throughout the South Shore area, and we’ve done so since 1925. We bring more than 130 years of combined experience for the benefit of our residential and commercial clients. If you want to be sure they never return, our recurring monthly and quarterly treatment plans are the ideal option.
To shut these pests down, contact us online or by phone today!